Established in 2016, Sunbird Rooibos is a new and innovative business, based in Cape Town, focusing on sourcing, producing, and distributing premium Rooibos tea. For more details, visit our website: www.sunbirdrooibos.com.
We are now looking to hire a dynamic and energetic Sales Representative and Marketing Assistant who has experience, or deep interest, in food and drinks.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Maintain customer relationships and uphold brand integrity.
- Identify, approach and engage with new customers to meet ambitious sales targets.
- Dispatch deliveries via courier and make deliveries to nearby customers.
- Track invoicing and ensure payments.
- Compile monthly sales reports.
- Research potential market opportunities and events, in SA and overseas.
- Keep website up to date, and assist with social media
- Assist in creating promotional materials, including brochures, blogs, marketing copy, etc.
Qualifications, skills, and desired qualities
- Matric or equivalent, further qualifications an advantage.
- South African citizenship or valid work permit.
- Two-years proven experience in sales or marketing or in the food/beverage or hospitality industry, a combination of these is a distinct advantage.
- Driver's license and a reliable, presentable vehicle.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel.
- An innate interest in food, drink, flavour and sensory perception.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Punctual, organised and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative in problem solving.
- Willingness to travel locally for overnight/week trips.
How to apply
- Please send your CV as a PDF and salary expectations to email@example.com with the subject line: Job Application – (your name, surname).
- Applications will close on the 5th June 2018.
- Full integrity checks and references will be conducted.
- Remuneration will include basic salary, dependent on past experience, and a sales-based commission.