Strawberry and Rooibos frosé ice lollies
Boozy iced tea cocktail twist to try. Strawberry and Superior Pure Rooibos frosé iced lollies served with some chilled rosé!
Whether it’s an alcohol free iced tea or cheeky booze spiked tea cocktail, it's sure to be a new favourite in your household. Adding some bubbly or a shot of spirit like vodka, gin or white rum can take this wonderful iced tea drink and turn it into a summer sun-downer cocktail in a matter of minutes.
Rosé can be omitted and replaced with juice of your choice for children and pregnant women.
- Punnet of sliced strawberries
- ⅓ cup of brewed Sunbird Superior Pure Rooibos
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml rosé wine
- 2 tbsp honey
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- In a small saucepan, add the strawberries, honey, vanilla extract, and Superior Pure Rooibos (be sure to take the teabag out when adding to the pan).
- Simmer on a low heat to macerate until a jammy taste is achieved. Do this for about 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Set aside in a jug to cool. Add the rosé wine and stir to combine.
- Pour into ice lolly molds, making sure all are securely closed and leave in the freezer for 6 hours or better yet overnight.
Enjoy as is or serve with a chilled glass of rosé wine.